Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Lemon Garlic Chicken


I have quite a few holiday recipes to post, but I have to interrupt that plan to post this recipe.  Oh my word, it was wonderful!!  The chicken was moist.  It was flavorful, or "flavory," as my 4 year old says.  Parents and kids alike devoured it!  I  made it Monday, and it is already planned for next week too!

- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- 1 (3.5 oz) jar capers, drained  OR 1 (3oz) can sliced olives
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1.5 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Mix together above 8 ingredients.

- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 chicken thighs (or 3 chicken breasts)

Add 2 tbsp olive oil to skillet or roasting pan or casserole dish. (I added about 1/3 onion, sliced to the bottom of my skillet.)  Arrange chicken.  Sprinkle salt and pepper over chicken.  (Original recipe says to add 1 lb small red potatoes.  I cooked mine separate, but would be totally great to get out the trusty 9x13, and arrange potatoes around the chicken.)

Pour lemon mixture over chicken.  

Bake at 425 for 45 minutes or until chicken is done.  Serve chicken with sauce.  

This was simple preparation.  Absolutely "flavory!"  A hit with the family.  An immediate staple in the rotation.  I served it with roasted potatoes and roasted okra.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment