These lettuce wraps were so delicious! The whole family enjoyed! I have one other lettuce wrap recipe on this site, but I find them a little too sweet. These have a good balance between sweet and spicy, and yum! (I used damndelicious.net's recipe as a guide and then tweaked to my liking!)
This is also my favorite kind of recipe for a busy day. I chopped the vegetables early in the day (would have been great to prep the day before as well), as well as cooked and cubed the chicken early. Because in this style of recipe the vegetables are meant to keep some crisp-ness, the vegetables are only cooked for a moment. Prep early, then have dinner on the table in 20 minutes or less!
Stir in vegetables
Serve and enjoy!
- 1/2 cup Hoisin sauce
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons Sriracha (optional to taste)
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil (optional)
- 3 large chicken breasts, cooked and then cubed (or 2 lbs of ground chicken)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 in ginger, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 baby bok choy, cored, chopped
- a handful of shredded carrot, or about 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 head lettuce, for serving
Mix sauce ingredients. Set aside.
Heat oil in large saute pan over medium heat. Add chicken, garlic, ginger, onion. Stir and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes. Add sauce. Stir to combine. Allow sauce to come to a bubble. Reduce heat to low. Add vegetables and stir to fully combine.
Serve and so much enjoy! As an entree, I serve with lettuce and a roasted vegetable like green beans or carrots. For the leftovers, serve over rice or riced cauliflower.