Friday, October 10, 2014

Mom's Chicken Pie

I have posted this recipe before, but I wanted to move it higher on the blog.  This was a major staple in my house when I was growing up.  None of us kids and my dad didn't like vegetables in the chicken pie, so this was my mom's answer.  This simple chicken pie with normally steamed broccoli on the side.  If you need the simple, this should absolutely be your next to try.

- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 pie crusts
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup or 9-10 oz of this cream of chicken soup
- 4 cups of chicken broth*

Cook chicken breasts with salt until chicken is tender (approx. one hour). Cook chicken and chop into pieces. Mix soup with broth. Heat mixture until hot. Grease baking dish. Put one pie crust into dish. Add chicken. Pour soup mixture over chicken. Add second pie crust to top.

Bake at 350 for one hour.

*I did not need this much chicken broth.  I think my mom's dish was a 10x10, but mine is only a 9x9.  So, feel free to adjust your liquid accordingly as well.

Anna-Kate's comment was, "This is the best supper ever."  Simple to prepare.  Always has enough leftovers for at least one night.  The sweet of the pie crust with the savory chicken mixture, a win for parent and kid alike!

No comments:

Post a Comment