Thursday, February 11, 2016

Carrot Souffle


Okay, this holiday season I wanted to try a few new recipes.  This was one of them. Highly recommended by a friend.  Now, I must highly, highly recommend this to you!  The whole family loved it.  I can not wait to make this again!

- 1 lb carrots
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg

Clean, peel, and cook carrots til tender.

In a food processor, blend carrots and butter until smooth.  Add sugar, then eggs one at a time.  Add rest of ingredients.

Pour mixture into (1 qt) buttered souffle dish.

Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 50 minutes or until set.

Serves 6.  Doubles well for large groups.

My only complaint with this recipe was that I shared it!  It was seriously so good!  One of the critiques was:  "I don't really enjoy carrots, and I loved this!"

No comments:

Post a Comment