Friday, August 12, 2011

Balsamic Barbecue Sauce

I was looking for a good marinade and came across this barbecue sauce that has minimal tomato sauce in it. Sounded different and good, and it was! Giada describes it as sweet and tangy. I agree with that. Her original recipe was to use this with chicken. I used it with pork tenderloin. Definitely one I recommend.

- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper

**Giada's directions
Combine and whisk until smooth. Simmer over medium heat until reduced by one third, approx 15 min. Grill the chicken, brushing the chicken with the 1/2 cup barbecue sauce for the last 2 or 3 min. Transfer the chicken to a serving platter. Serve the remaining sauce alongside.

**What I actually did
Combine and whisk until smooth. Marinate meat for a couple hours. Bake in oven until cooked through. (I had one pork tenderloin. Baked at 400 for ~45 min.)

I really enjoyed this, as did the company I served it too. I had every ingredient in my pantry already, which is another added bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment