Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sausage and Spinach Ring

I had half a package of Hillshire Farms sausage in the fridge. I had forgotten to freeze it, so I needed to cook it. And, my pregnant body can't handle vegetables that are mushy, from green beans to spinach to... It needs to be crunchy. So, I have been trying to sneak them into recipes to make sure the little one gets some healthy veggies. Those facts combined with inspiration from Pampered Chef, I created this recipe. (I am always proud when a recipe I create is worthy of the recipe blog :)

Because I created this from random things in my pantry, there are no exact measurements.
- 1/2 package of Hillshire Farms sausage, cooked and sliced
- frozen spinach (maybe 1 cup or less), thawed
- shredded cheese, 1 cup or less
- mustard, yellow and spicy
- mayonnaise, only a little, maybe 1 tbsp
- salt
- pepper
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- 1 can of 8 crescent rolls


Preheat oven to 375.

Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. The mayonnaise is to help hold it together; I don't like these type things really mayonnaise-y so I don't use much. The mustard is for the flavor. I used both yellow and spicy so that the spicy wouldn't overpower and be too much for toddler Anna-Kate.

Place crescent rolls in a circle, as pictured below, with points of triangles overlapping. Spoon the mixture onto the large side of the triangles. Bring the smaller side over the mixture to cover.

Bake for approx 20 minutes.




I served it with my favorite roasted carrots. We all liked it! I am a sucker for any recipe that uses crescent rolls. Will liked it, but still says it is girl food. Anna-Kate ate almost an entire section! Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. i have a great recipe for mexican meatballs with crescent rolls! you would love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete