Friday, October 7, 2011

Zucchini Bread

Will, Anna-Kate, and I love breads, cereals, cinnamon rolls, etc for breakfast. We are not good at eating hearty eggs, bacon for breakfast. I have wanted to cycle in healthier and longer-lasting options. Will has given me his approval to make anything I want to try, even if it has whole wheat flour in it. (He is still getting use to how dense it makes things.) I am looking forward to experimenting a lot more!! Here is my first super-healthy breakfast bread attempt.

We all loved it!!

- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup oil
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup chopped nuts, optional (I didn't use any)

Preheat oven to 325 for large loaf pan and muffin pan; preheat to 300 for small loaf pans.

Blend the dry ingredients.

Make a well (or hole) in the center and pour in the eggs, oil, honey, and vanilla. Stir just until mixed - do not over mix. (It appears quite dry while mixing, but the end product is not as dry as you fear it will be.)

Fold in grated zucchini (and chopped nuts).

Pour batter into desired pans. Bake 30-40 min for small loaf pans; 50-60 min for large loaf pan; and 15-20 min for muffin pan.

Thanks to inspiration from my sister-in-law and http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/ for this recipe. Hope you enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment