Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Peanut Blossoms

I was super excited to make these cookies at Christmas this year! I wanted them to be my and Anna-Kate's first baking experience, but a 2 year old moment got in the way. The cookies still tasted so yummy and nostalgic; AK can help next year! My mom, sister, and I made these cookies along with other goodies every Christmas. I look forward to building those memories with my kids!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- extra sugar for rolling
- 3-4 dozen chocolate kisses, unwrapped

Cream together the butter and peanut butter. Mix in the sugar and brown sugar. Then mix in the egg and vanilla. Slowly mix in the dry ingredients.

Shape the dough into balls. Roll in sugar. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.

Remove from the oven. Top each cookie with a chocolate kiss, pressing down firmly so cookie cracks around the edge. Return to oven for 2-4 minutes.

Warning: if you eat one of these warm from the oven, while the chocolate is still melty, you will eat 10!

No comments:

Post a Comment