Thursday, July 11, 2013

Roasted Lemon-Garlic Chicken with Vegetables

While on Pinterest, I stumbled over this recipe.  Lemon and garlic are a marriage made in my husband's heaven!  I knew this was a recipe he would want me to try.  I, however, don't like recipes where lemon overpowers.  So, I knew a few tweaks were in order.  When I read the reviews on the recipe, most of the review-ers agreed with me.  This was really simple to prep, and a super tasty one-dish meal!  
Here is the recipe with my tweaks!

(Serves 4)
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, halved, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, whole
- 1/3 to 1/2 a small onion, sliced in rings
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt (more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp thyme, rosemary
- 3/4 lb trimmed green beans
- 8 small red potatoes, quartered
- 4 chicken breasts (I used boneless, skinless, so my time will be according to that; bone-in, skin-on would be great as well)

Marinate chicken in 1/2 the lemon juice, the whole garlic cloves, 1 tbsp olive oil, and salt and pepper for at least one hour.

Preheat the oven to 375.  

Put onion slices in bottom of 9x13 baking dish.

In a mixing bowl, put olive oil, the other half of the lemon juice, minced garlic, salt and pepper.  Add the green beans; toss to coat.  Using a slotted spoon, remove the green beans and arrange them on top of the onion slices.

Add to the same mixing bowl the rosemary and thyme.  Then add the potatoes; toss to coat.  Using a slotted spoon, remove the potatoes and arrange around the edge of the baking dish.  

Remove chicken from marinade and place in the middle of the dish.  Spoon any remnants of the olive oil mixture from tossing the vegetables onto the chicken.  Sprinkle the chicken with a little lemon pepper seasoning.

Bake for 45 minutes.  Remove chicken to a plate, tent with foil.  Put vegetables back in oven for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.

Serve, and enjoy!






So tasty!  The husband, the kids, and me...we all loved it!  Will's exact words, "Please put this in the rotation."  

No comments:

Post a Comment