Thursday, July 17, 2014

Grilled Pork Chop with Hoisin Sauce

Will and I have never had a grill before, so this summer will definitely be marked by playing with the grill!  I randomly received a free Redbook magazine in the mail about a week ago.  This recipe was in it!  It fits the obsession I've had lately with experimenting with Asian flavors, so I added it to this week's menu plan.  It was so good and easy!!  
Another secret of my Asian obsession lately:  the leftovers are so yummy and easy to tweak into a new meal!  I am including the original recipe as well as what I did for leftovers the next night.

- 4 thick pork chops or 6-8 thin pork chops

- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce (found in Asian aisle of grocery store
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped roasted peanuts (optional if you don't want or accommodating an allergy)
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1-2 tbsp Sriracha sauce (depending on your taste for heat)
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro

Mix 8 ingredients together.

Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper.  Cook chops on the grill (could always pan saute if don't have a grill).  

Brush sauce on meat after taking the meat off the grill.  

I served with grilled corn on the cob and cold sliced cucumbers.  It was so yummy and the whole family enjoyed!  Definitely added to the rotation!

LeftOvers
I can not say enough how much I love Asian flavors for the ease of turning the leftovers into something new and delicious.  When I cleaned up supper, I sliced the pork chops in thin slices and then stored with the leftover sauce in the refrigerator. 


- 1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 package slaw (I often use Trader Joe's broccoli slaw, but any cabbage slaw would work)
- leftover meat and sauce
- cellophane noodles (found in Asian noodles)
- 1/4 cup cilantro roughly chopped

Cook noodles to package directions.
Meanwhile, heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan.  Add red peppers.  Saute for a few minutes.  Add the slaw.  Stir together.  Add the sliced meat as well as the sauce.  Stir together.  Allow to simmer until the meat is heated through.

Drain the noodles.  Add to the pan.  Toss together.  Stir in the fresh cilantro.  Serve!

The leftovers were just as good as the original!  This particular night I heated a small portion in a separate pan as the larger pan. In the larger pan, I added extra Sriracha to give some extra heat for us adults!  Both kids and adults enjoyed the noodle dish!  (The kids love that cellophane noodles are slippery.)  
Try this one!  You will love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment