Monday, November 24, 2014

Cornbread Dressing

I always enjoyed Thanksgiving growing up, but the dressing was not my favorite part.  I was more of the "give me a big plate of the sides; I can take or leave the turkey" kind of girl.  Then I married my man.  I went to Thanksgiving at his parents' house.  I could not pile my plate high enough with the turkey, dressing and gravy!   So, in honor of Thanksgiving this week and a friend's request for a good dressing recipe, I am excited to share this amazing recipe!

- 1 (10 in) skillet of cornbread  (family's cornbread recipe)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups chopped celery and tops
- 2 tbsp sage
- 3 boiled chopped eggs
- 2 or 3 beaten eggs
- 1 (8 oz) Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing
- 1/2 stick melted butter
- 3 cups chicken broth 
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper

Crumble cornbread into large pan.  Add all the other ingredients - but add the broth last.  If dressing is too dry, add water or giblet broth.  Taste for more sage, salt, and pepper.  Toss lightly.  Pour into 9x13x2 buttered pan.  Let stand one hour.  Bake at 350 degrees for one hour. 

Now I will continue daydreaming about Thursday... 

No comments:

Post a Comment