Saturday, January 24, 2015

Vanilla Cake, Dairy-Free

Birthday time means I need a vanilla cake recipe.  I have a great dairy-free chocolate cake recipe, but I needed a dairy-free vanilla cake recipe.  I found this one and it was really good!  It reminds me a bit of pound cake.  I will use it again!

- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup almond milk, at room temperature (or 1 cup carton coconut milk, or 1 cup soy milk)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  

Mix the flour, cornstarch, sugar, salt, and baking powder.  Add the oil and beat until the mixture comes together uniformly.  

In a separate bowl, mix the eggs and vanilla with the almond milk.  Pour half the egg mixture into the flour mixture and blend until well combined.  Then pour the rest of the egg mixture and mix on medium speed until the batter is evenly mixed.

The batter can be divided between 2 9" cake pans or 22-24 cupcakes.  Bake for approximately 25-28 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.  (Cupcakes for only about 17-19 minutes)

An internet search led me to Leela Bean Bakes for this recipe.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment