Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Sonoma Chicken Salad


I enjoy chicken salad, but I am really picky.  I don't like when the chicken is shredded.  I don't like when there is tons of mayonnaise.  I want something that adds texture to the chicken salad.  I have a lot of rules for good chicken salad.  My favorite chicken salad ever, the cook wouldn't give me the recipe.  Major disappointment!  This is the first chicken salad since that favorite years ago that I considered worth seeking out the recipe.

This is Whole Foods recipe for Sonoma Chicken Salad.
for the dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 5 tsp honey
- 2 tsp poppyseeds
- salt and pepper, to taste

for the salad,
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 3/4 cups pecan pieces, toasted
- 2 cups red seedless grapes, halved
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced


Combine the dressing ingredients.  Refrigerate until ready to dress the salad.  This can be prepared up to two days ahead.

Stir together the chicken (when cold) with the pecans, grapes, celery, and dressing.

Serve over salad greens.  Or, in a sandwich.  Or just eat.

Hope you enjoy as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment