Sunday, November 22, 2015

Zucchini Boats


I made a gillion meatballs, per Pioneer Woman's insisting.  Okay, more like 125.  But, it was her recipe, and it did feel like a whole bunch of meatballs.  
Then I needed to use them.  
This was my meal using the first batch of meatballs.  I like stuffed zucchini, but I don't like how the zucchini soak the fat of the meat when it all gets cooked at the same time.  So, I made zucchini boats instead.

- 2 zucchini, halved lengthwise, seeds scooped out

Preheat oven to 375.

Lightly season zucchini with salt and pepper.  Place on baking sheet.  Roast for about 20 minutes, or until zucchini reach desired tenderness.  

Meanwhile, make marinara sauce.  I used this simple, classic marinara.

To plate, I like to spread a little marinara on the plate.  Then top with a zucchini.  Put 3-4 meatballs in the boat.  Top with more marinara.  (My kids like all of this, just not together.  So, I sliced the zucchini boat.  Then meatballs beside zucchini.  As long as they eat it, I'll take it!)

Easy.  Yummy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment