Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Cilantro Jalapeno Hummus

I love hummus, but I am also picky.  After falling in love with Trader Joe's and Sassool's cilantro hummus, I decided to try making some at home.  Easy and delicious!  When I make it, I try to make it on Monday or Tuesday and then I eat it all week long.  I slice some veggies to go with it and it's a quick, easy go-to!


- 1 jalapeno, stem and seeds removed
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- juice of one lime
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 can (16oz) chickpeas in their liquid (I like to drain about half the liquid)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- the juice of one lemon

Add the jalapeno, garlic, cilantro leaves, oil, lime, and salt to the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade or the carafe of a blender.  Put the lid in place and pulse 10-15 times, or until the jalapeno and garlic are chopped into small pieces and the cilnantro is broken down very small.  Scrape the sides of the bowl or carafe, add the chickpeas and their liquid, tahini, and lemon juice.  Replace the lid and let process for 4 minutes, stopping to scrape the sides down from time to time.  When finished, the hummus should be silky and a light shade of green with darker flecks of cilantro.  (Keeps in fridge for up to a week.)


Yummy, colorful, healthy, love!

No comments:

Post a Comment