Saturday, August 6, 2016

My W30 - Hosting Friends on W30

We have been eating dinner with a couple from church for nine years now.  It was time to enjoy dinner again.  They are kind, and decided they were up for it!  So, just to prove that good food can be had no matter what diet you are on, here is a look at what we did.  We did miss our cheese course, wine, and cake dessert, but seriously
this was good! 

 Ribeye Steak and Spinach Salad with warm bacon vinaigrette
The steak was cooked in a little bit of ghee and seasoned with salt and pepper.  Cooked on the stove top in cast iron skillet. 
The spinach salad was made with spinach, tomatoes, boiled eggs, bacon, and bacon vinaigrette.

My friend was kind; we normally enjoy a drink together.  She made up a Whole30 approved drink for us to enjoy.  It may have been indulgent thematically, but it was ingredient-approved.  Pureed mango with orange juice, pineapple juice, and a splash of seltzer water.

We were going to enjoy a dessert of pureed frozen banana and berries with coconut milk, but I forgot to peel the bananas before freezing them.  I will not make that mistake again.  When I offered to grill some pineapple slices, we all agreed we were content.  Can't argue with that!
I may look forward to my next bite of pie, but this supper did not lack for delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment