Sunday, March 27, 2011

Citrus Poppy Seed Delight Cake

Thanks to Pampered Chef for this yummy recipe! I don't often make desserts without chocolate, but I will make this one again!! This was also a great cake for breakfast, a weakness of me and my hubby. - 1 1/3 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 2 tbsp poppyseed
- zest from an orange and a lemon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix orange juice, oil, and eggs. Add cake mix; mix until well-moistened. Continue to mix on high for 2 min. Fold in poppy seeds and zest. Bake 30-50 minutes, depending on the pan you use. My bundt/fluted pan took close to 50 min.

Icing:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp orange juice

Mix together. Add either to get desired consistency. Pour over cake. Top cake with extra zest.

No comments:

Post a Comment