Saturday, October 26, 2013

a Porger or a Ribette


As you can tell, I was not sure what to name this one.  
About two weeks ago, we hosted my neighbor for his birthday.  The barbecue and jalapeno poppers are both recipes that make a ton!  I love that!  So, almost half the meat and about half the poppers went into the freezer.   Since then, my neighbor mentioned that he loves the McRib at McDonalds.  Uummm, no thanks.  I informed him that I would use his birthday leftovers to make him the Simmons version!  Last night was that night!

- left over pulled pork, diced (I probably used about a pound)
- 1 egg
- about 1/2 tbsp flour
- about 1 tbsp barbecue sauce

For the sandwich:
- rolls
- pickles
- onions, sliced or diced
- barbecue sauce

Combine the diced pulled pork, egg, flour, and barbecue sauce in a mixing bowl.  Mix until well combined.  Divide into eight equal portions.  Mold into a patty shape.  Heat a tbsp of vegetable oil over medium heat.  Add patties.  Brown one side, and then flip to the other side.  Brown and heat through.  (Remember, just like with hamburgers, put into saute pan and don't move or stir until it is time to flip.)

Eight equal patties makes slider size portions.  Put one patty on roll.  Garnish with sauce, pickles, and onions (for the same effect of the McRib garnishes.)


Little Porger sliders or Simmons Ribette, served with jalapeno poppers for the adults, apple slices for the kids, and roasted carrots for everyone.  Yum!!

One thing to note... the kids ate the pulled pork slider much better than they eat pulled pork.  I don't know if it is the fact that it is stringy or what, but they have never been great pulled pork eaters.  Both my 1 year old and my 4 year old at the slider really well!  Dipped in ketchup of course!  

No comments:

Post a Comment