Monday, July 25, 2016

My W30 - Week 2

Week 2 is over, so we are almost halfway there.  Will and I both continue to agree that the diet is hardest if you allow yourself to get hungry.  I also admit... I like to cook.  I read cookbooks for fun.  But, I am missing being able to plan for some easier things like spaghetti, Asian chicken or quick stirfry with rice or Sunday night cereal night, With that confession, here is Week 2.  

Breakfast
I like that breakfasts have already fallen into a bit of a routine.  Almost every morning, we eat sausage and potato hash.  One morning, I decided to get fancy and fix wilted spinach, a fried egg, and sausage.  But, what I want in the mornings is easy and that has proven to be the potato/sausage hash.

Lunch
Pioneer Woman's Italian Meatball Soup
A wonderful soup!!  I fixed this Sunday night and then we ate on it for the week.  Though, if you look on my meal plan, when we ran out of soup and any leftovers, Friday's lunch plan was "scrounge."  Will had meatballs and yellow mustard with a pickle, fruit, mixed nuts.  I had an apple with almond butter and then an hour later mixed nuts.  (Will, on Whole30, has gotten everyday fruit, nuts, and whatever soup or leftovers we have.)

Dinners
This week's dinner menu has some old favorites with some new try-out's.
Monday - Herb-Marinated Pork Tenderloin with glazed carrots, roasted purple carrots, and roasted asparagus 
I only treat our house to pork tenderloin every now and then.  But, when I do, this recipe is favorite!  And, glazed carrots are a go-to around here.  Carrots are cheap and this recipe is easy and requires no babysitting.  We used this recipe to try out ghee (well, because we are foodies or food-nerds, whichever description fits, ha!)

Tuesday - Hamburger with guacamole, roasted okra, and jicama, cucumber, mango salad

Wednesday - Riced Cauliflower
Trader Joe's riced cauliflower, found in frozen section, has been one of my favorite convenience options.  If you are doing Whole 30, go and get at least 2 bags!  Add something to it, like slivered jalapenos this night, absolutely makes it quite more enjoyable.  It's fine without anything, but it's good with something in it (garlic, or onions, or ginger, or peppers).

Butter chicken over riced cauliflower with roasted aspargus
This was a try-out, and it was good!  This is the first night on Whole30 that supper felt heavy and the portion was almost too much.  (These leftovers were also super delicious the next day over wilted spinach.) 

Thursday - dinner at church, mostly compliant

Friday - Carnitas Salad
Pork Shoulder in the crockpot, pulled and then served over salad greens with roasted peppers and onions, roasted sweet potato, and dressed with salsa.  This was a great weekend meal to have around! 

I tweaked a recipe of Pioneer Woman's and came up with this.  Served with roasted potatoes.  This was so good!  I also loved how much the kids loved it, seriously loved it!  After W30, totally gonna make this again and serve with a scoop of rice in the middle, or over egg noodles.

Sunday - leftovers

No comments:

Post a Comment