Tuesday, August 2, 2016

My W30 - Week 3

We started Week 3 with proof that we are foodies who tend to go after hobbies with full attack.  What did that mean for us this week, during Whole 30?  It meant it was time to make our own breakfast sausage!

We used Alton Brown's recipe, and it has been good!  I also tried pairing our morning sausage with kale.  I really enjoyed it.  Will prefers the potatoes. 

And, I can easily admit:  throwing several sausage patties and some diced white or sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and then walking away for 30 minutes is the definition of easy!

For this week's soup, Alton Brown's Garden Vegetable Soup.
So good!!  I had never cooked with leeks before but definitely will again!  I really can't decide which soup has been my favorite.  In that way, Whole30 has definitely been successful.  I have found lots of easy soups to add to the lunch go-to list!

Dinner
Monday - our first repeat Herb-Marinated Pork Tenderloin with roasted green beans, squash, zucchini, and tomatoes

Tuesday - Zucchini Boats with brussel sprouts (for these brussel sprouts, I sauteed them with olive oil and a dash of balsamic vinegar and then added dried cranberries and pecans for the last 5 minutes.

Wednesday - This was my new recipe trial day.  Easy Thai Baked Chicken (Clearly, I made a ton!  Leftovers the next night and I froze some to be shredded and added to a Thai soup or just brought back out for later)

I served the chicken with roasted okra, these glazed carrots but added fresh ginger to the pan while they simmered, and riced cauliflower heated with diced jalapeno and chopped basil

Thursday - Leftover Thai Chicken, riced cauliflower, glazed carrots with ginger, and roasted broccoli

The weekend was spent at my parents house.  We found an omelet on the drive home.  Then had scrambled eggs and bacon or sausage for breakfast.  I made a vegetable soup for my parents to enjoy after we left and for our last lunch.  We made the Mushroom and Beef Soup to host some extended family, serving with rice, roasted vegetables, and fruit.  
Below was our Saturday lunch.  Roasted chicken, peppers, and onions topped with compliant salsa, served with roasted sweet potatoes and broccoli.

For some reason the end of week 3 was my and Will's hardest.  We taunted each other with dreams of Blue Bell ice cream several times!  But, instead, off we go to Week 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment