Monday, July 18, 2016

Nut and Fruit Bars


These are so simple and delicious!   They make a great snack or dessert even.  
I googled "homemade lara bars" and saw a bunch of similar recipes.  I'll include the recipe I have used so far, but they seem really easy to tweak.  

- 2 cups lightly salted cashews
- 2 1/2 cups pitted dates
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon

Place all ingredients in a blender or a food processor.  When the mixture starts to clump, it is done.  (If you are like me and get the balance wrong, going a little too approximate in the ingredients, then you can add some more dates or some raisins to help it clump.)

Place on parchment paper and roll out.  I cut the parchment paper big enough to fold some over the mixture in order to roll it out easily and neatly.  Then cut in desired shape or roll into balls.  Refrigerate.

Simple. Delicious. Healthy.  
Whole family enjoyed!  

No comments:

Post a Comment