Thursday, July 21, 2016

My W30 - Dinners

Quick snack note
Following the diet strictly, you are supposed to give up snacks.  I have given up snacks about 90%.  If I find myself getting 'hangry' because my portion at one of the meals was too small, I have allowed myself a snack.  No mom should parent 'hangry!' ha!  
These Nut and Fruit bars were what I made as a good snack or dessert if I can tell that breakfast or lunch especially were portioned too small.  


Monday Night
I started the week with comfort food.

Beef stew 
(Roast cubed and then browned.  Saute chopped carrots, onions, parsnips.  Add back beef and beef broth to cover.  Season with salt and pepper, thyme, a bay leaf.  Let simmer as long as you can! (like 1-3 hours)  Served with sauteed brussel sprouts.

Tuesday
Leftover beef stew over riced cauliflower (Trader Joe's freezer section or use box grater to grate a cauliflower, then saute either til heated through) with roasted potatoes and roasted green beans

Wednesday - the family's least favorite
Ratatouille Bake with Chicken, I took the ingredients of ratatouille (zucchini, eggplant, tomatoes, peppers, onions,...) and chunks of chicken.  Threw them all in the same dish with olive oil and seasonings and then roasted them in the oven.  I enjoyed it! but the rest of the family was not impressed.

Thursday
I was very glad I had made meatballs before this started!  I fed the family meatballs, sweet potato fries and green beans.  I went out to a birthday dinner for my sister and stayed about 75% compliant.  (Pre-whole30 arranged, so I was fine with that  percentage!)

Friday - my experimental day
experimenting with Coconut Aminos
My youngest has a sensitivity to soy protein, so no soy sauce for her.  For the sake of her sensitive system and trying to keep Asian in the Whole30 rotation, we wanted to try Coconut Aminos.  
Chicken Breasts in a dish, add oil, coconut aminos, ginger, garlic, and red peppers.  Bake.  
Served with riced cauliflower and roasted broccoli.
It was good!  It tasted like healthy Asian, but it was good and the whole family enjoyed it.

Saturday
Shrimp Scampi (sauteed in olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic) over wilted spinach with roasted green beans and carrots
Quite possibly might favorite flavor night.  But, not at all enough to keep me from being hungry later.  Maybe add roasted potatoes next time with one or two more shrimp.  But, absolutely delicious!  This was our hungry day.  We did the Thai Chicken Salad at the pool for lunch with fruit on the side.  Then this for supper.  We were hungry in between.  Maybe the problem was that it was light meals for both lunch and supper.  Lesson learned.  Keep away from hangry becca.

Sunday
We always eat out for Sunday lunch with the extended family (Mami Noras this week).  We are finishing lunch at 2.  So most Sundays we only have a snack for supper.  Worked perfect this week; we ate the light Thai Chicken Salad leftovers for supper.

Week 1 done, on to week 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment