Thursday, July 21, 2016

My W30 - Breakfast and Lunch

Our first week of Whole 30 went well!  We both had our normal triggers for snacks, but as long as we ate enough to not walk around hungry, we were okay.  So, lesson #1 - make portions that are truly sustaining.  (Uummm, day 5 may have been rather Hangry around our house!)

Quick notes:  when applicable, links to recipes will be in their titles.  Some outside links and some links within my blog.  Also, I didn't read the book.  I looked at information on their website.  I in no way claim to be an expert, but I figure I get it mostly right!

This is what we ate the first three days for breakfast!  I prepped the shredded sweet potato and diced jalapeno the night before.  Then, the next morning it was easy to do the little bit that was left and slide into the oven.  My only complaint, 3 days in a row was too many.  I made one again and lessened the recipe for only  2 days worth.

Easy Oven-Roasted Breakfast Hash
This has been what we actually have eaten the most.  I dice potatoes and throw them in the oven with a high quality sausage.  Then, I can continue to move about the kitchen getting Will's lunch ready or sit down for my Bible study while the oven does the work!  (In the morning pictured above, I added diced apple for the last 5 minutes the easy hash cooked.)

Scrambled Eggs and Sausage
I don't have a pan that I love to cook eggs in.  (Read:  I hate cleaning up after scrambling eggs.)  So, the obvious breakfast of scrambled eggs and bacon/sausage has not been my go to.  This was our Saturday breakfast when we would both be home to vote on who got to do the clean up, ha!

Lunch

Yum!  Soup as the main lunch item has been a major winner!!  One day it was soup only with 3 added meatballs.  One day it was a half portion of soup with roasted broccoli.  The day the soup was almost gone, I cooked zucchini noodles (used my vegetable peeler to create long thin strips of zucchini, then sauteed for 3-4 minutes or until soft) and then ladled soup over the zucchini noodles.

Wilted Spinach 
I love wilted spinach!  I will serve almost anything on top of wilted spinach.

We had leftovers (Ratatouille Bake) that I warmed and put on top of the bed of wilted spinach, yum!

Typiclally on the weekend, we eat out and fast meals at home.  So, I tried to plan something that could go out with us easily or be easy at home.  
I left the honey and fish sauce out of the dressing.  This was super yummy!  Easy to carry to the pool one day and for a picnic at the food court a different day.  (I planned it so that I could double the chicken in the night before's recipe and that would be the chicken for this salad.)

No comments:

Post a Comment